What Can You Expect from This Blog? Is it for You? Read on to Find Out!
Welcome! Compassion & Comedy is my little online space, where I share my documentaries, vlogs & general musings on living a compassionate life full of laughter.
Who am I? Check out my About Me page, to find out more.
The word ‘Compassion’ informs everything that I do here. However, I have found that when trying to live a life which is peaceful & ethical, sometimes it can all feel so…. SERIOUS! So that’s where the comedy comes in.
Living with compassion as a base point doesn’t need to be boring, and it certainly doesn’t need to be a struggle. We can laugh, we can be silly, we can be light & forgiving with ourselves, & we can take the process slowly if we need to. The journey also tends to be more fun if we share it with others – who doesn’t want to spend their days snorting with laughter with a bunch of great people?! I know I do…
Living this compassionate & fun lifestyle, I believe, becomes even more crucial when we find our lives occupied by children.
One of the greatest joys in my life is being around children & young people, & I feel very strongly about guiding the next generation in a compassionate way, to live fulfilling lives of their own & treat others with the same respect they themselves were shown as children.
This blog (& my films & documentaries) explores parenting, teaching & living with:
1. Compassion for the Planet: Living a low-impact lifestyle, minimalist living, anti-consumerism, combating climate change.
2. Compassion for Animals: Living a vegan lifestyle, saying no to zoos, fur, leather, animal testing etc. & being a compassionate pet owner.
3. Compassion for Yourself: Self-love, meditation & yoga, a wholefoods-based diet, exercise, sleep, sunshine, mental health, aiming for a chemical free self-care routine & environment.
4. Compassion for Other People: Volunteering, respectful communication, travelling to explore other cultures, random acts of kindness.
5. Compassion for the Next Generation: Respectful parenting & teaching (I’m particularly interested in the Pikler/RIE methods), alternative education systems, plant based food for children, adoption, chemical free living with kids, healthy pregnancy & birth.
As serious & noble as that all sounds – remember what I mentioned above.
This is about having FUN, as much as living well. It’s also definitely not about being perfect.
There will be silly posts. There will be sarcasm. There may even be the odd swear word *gasp*!
If you’re easily offended, you possibly won’t be ridin’ on the same wavelength as me here. If fart jokes & slapstick comedy are still making you laugh well into adulthood, you’ll be just fine…
Please continue the conversation below – I’d love to get to know you. But before you do, remember this: Debate is great, hatred is not. Think before you type. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” – Dalai Lama